Indoor Pool & Health Club Update
The Health Club, including gym and indoor pool is open to members and hotel residents only. To use the pool you'll need to contact us in advance to book your session.
The gym has been relocated to a larger space. The equipment has been spread out to facilitate social distancing, with more windows and doors for improved ventilation. You’ll find hand sanitising stations throughout the property and clear signage with guidance and new procedures.
Please note that the saunas, steam room, hydro pool, lockers, showers and dry change rooms remain closed.
We recommend you read the 'Pool Policy' and 'Gym Policy' before you arrive.
The pool is open with a reduced capacity.
Monday- Friday - Lane swimming only between 7am -10am & 6pm-8pm. Leisure swimming all other hours (max 6 people).
Weekends - Lane swimming only between 8am -10am & 6pm-8pm. Leisure swimming all other hours (max 6 people).
You can book 24 hours in advance, for a 1-hour slot that includes arrival and exit time.
Please leave the pool at least 5 minutes before your session ends.
To book your swim slot please call 01797 231001 between 8am- 8pm
SWIMMING AT FLACKLEY ASH
POOL POLICY as at August 2020
- Booking is essential
- Arrive ‘pool ready’
- Adhere to pool policy and social distance guidance
- Be respectful of others
- Do not swim with any Covid symptoms
Arriving for your swimming session
- Please do not attend the facility if you or a family member are unwell.
- Ensure you have a pre-booked session
- All users to sign in at pool reception area.
- If you intend to swim for less than 1hr we request, you attend 5/10 min after the hour entry time to help reduce queue times.
- Please do not congregate with other customers pre/post swim or turn up too early for your session.
- Please sanitise/ wash hands pre and post swim.
- Please come ‘pool ready’ i.e. wearing your costume or swim shorts under your clothes. Lockers and changing facilities are not available at the current time.
- Please bring a bag to store your clothing and belongings which will remain on poolside as lockers will not be available.
- Do not bring any valuables into the leisure centre.
- Bring a filled water bottle with you.
- Bottles can be left at the end of a lane for rehydration if needed
During your swim
All users must ensure they have read and understood the pool policy.
- All users must always maintain social distance rules and follow all instructional signage and requests from poolside staff
- Leisure swimmers, be mindful of others, keep your distance and reduce splashing where possible
- During lane swimming times you must swim in the same direction and keep your distance
- Please do not have more than two people at the end of each lane who are resting and keep at least a 1 metre apart
- Please ensure you bring your own float or equipment
- Poolside staff may blow a whistle to let you know you have reached 5 minutes before the end of the session.
- Do not congregate at poolside
- Please leave the pool promptly by the steps at the end of your session.
- Please plan to shower in your hotel room or when you get home
- As you leave the health club please sanitise your hands as you go
- Please follow the exit route that has been marked for you to enable a social distance between customers
Hotel residents – Please make your way back to your room to shower and change.
Non-residents - Please bring a towel to dry off and be prepared to go home in your swim wear and clothes over the top.
USING THE GYM
GYM POLICY - September 2020
The gym within the health club has been relocated into a larger space, with equipment spaced out to facilitate social distancing with windows and doors for improved ventilation.
Currently, you do not need to pre-book. You’ll be able to visit whenever you like. If the gym gets busy during peak times we will consider implementing a booking system.
Before your workout
- To gain entry you must swipe your membership card at the new pool reception area
- Currently, you do not need to book your gym session (this may change during peak times)
- Please arrive ready to workout
- Please bring a pre-filled water bottle with you
- Please sanitise/wash hands pre and post workout
- Card payments only for drink, food and retail items
- Please do not bring valuables into the centre
- Please do not congregate pre/post workout with other members or our team
- Please do not attend the centre if you or a family member are unwell
- Lockers are not available, so only bring what you need
- Showers and changing room facilities are closed
- There are no bins for personal rubbish, please take home everything you came with
During your workout
- All members must wipe down equipment/machine with the sanitising wipes/spray before and after each use
- For free weights, due to the high contact nature of these, we ask all members to sanitise both before and after use
- All members and guests must always maintain social distance and follow all instructional signage and requests from the Health Club Team
- Sweat towels can be used for personal use only – do not wipe equipment with them
- Please leave the gym promptly at the end of your session
- One to one training is not available at the moment
- Changing facilities and showers remain closed
- Please plan to return home after your workout. No access to the pool is available after a workout
- Wash/sanitise your hands immediately after your workout
Should you have any questions please call us on 01797 230651 or email email@example.com.